YOU CAN HELP BRING OUR BABY HOME

YOU CAN HELP BRING OUR BABY HOME
Click the pic to be taken to our coffee store

Friday, March 12, 2010

Talk about speeding things up!.....

I called the agency again today. I left them alone for 4 days. That's pretty good for me :) It's Friday and I couldn't bear going the entire weekend not knowing if all my references made it back to them yet. I called at 3pm. She still had not checked the mail today.

*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH*

She did say that she had already received 2 of the required 5 and that if she had just one more she would be OK with sending out the next round of papers. While I was talking to her, one of my friends/reference texted me with a question about the forms she had to fill out. I told the agency this and we joked about how awesome technology is these days. She then says, "you know what? I'll just put everything you need in the mail today before I go home so you can get to work on it Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Your friend that texted you will be the 3rd reference and I'm sure there are more waiting for me when I check the mail."

*WOOOHOOO*

Here is where my shock at speeding things up comes in. I explained to my caseworker how I am having a really hard time getting ahold of the social worker that did our home study for Rachel's adoption. That home study is 3 years old. They expire every 3 years. Nice right? Yes. Lovely. $400 bucks in my opinion that does not need spent because it is not even technically 3 years old yet. Sometime in April it is, but because of this or that lame butt law, we have to have a new one because by the time we had a baby it would be over 3 years old. I am rambling. I am good at that.

Agency says to me, as soon as we know she has been there, she doesn't even have to have the report in to us yet, but just as soon as we know she has been to your house we can start profiling you to birth mother's. That's right people....as early as MARCH 29th we could be shown to a birth mother!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just hard to fathom for me. Rachel's adoption took 2 and a half YEARS. This one so far will be a MONTH. A month. Now of course we can sit in a file cabinet and wait to be chosen for a year. That is entirely possible, and probable. But to be from decision to start the adoption process to being in a file cabinet waiting to be chosen only taking a month is just plain...insane!

PLEASE drink your coffee faster and order more. lol. The large lump sum payment is due 30 days after the submission of round 2 paper work. A.k.a the 29th

Thirsty??
;-)

1 comment: